Sustainable Energy for All in South Africa #SEforAll
16-17 April 2018
The National Science and Technology Forum (NSTF) is hosting a national Discussion Forum on ‘Sustainable Energy for All in South Africa’. The United Nations has declared this decade as the international decade of sustainable energy for all (#SEforAll).
The world relies on the science, engineering and technology (SET) and innovation sector to provide new ways
of obtaining clean, reusable and sustainable energy.
Lack of access to clean, affordable and reliable energy hinders human, social and economic development. It is a major impediment to achieving the goals of the National Development Plan (NDP) 2030 and the United Nations’ (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Event objective: To use the NSTF collaborative neutral platform to discuss and respond to issues around environmentally and economically sustainable energy as well as access of energy for all. This is a platform for the research, development and innovation community and relevant government departments.
- Feedback from Track A breakaway session
- Feedback from Track B breakaway session
- Media Release: SA’s path to sustainable energy for all
- Speakers Biographies
- Minutes and Proceedings
- Part 7 of the NSTF summaries of the NDP
- NSTF’s summary of the NDP
- International Decade of Sustainable Energy for All: Statement
- United Nations’ (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- National Development Plan 2030 - Our future, make it work (Executive Summary)
- Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) nonprofit organization
- NSTF discussion forum: Research and innovation to support the SDGs