STEM education and maths reform #STEMreformSA
6-8 August 2018
The ‘STEM Education and Maths Reform’ Discussion Forum will be held from 6-8 August 2018. (STEM stands for science, technology, engineering and mathematics.) proSET (Professionals in science, engineering and technology) is hosting this 3-day event with NSTF member, Ukuqonda Institute. proSET is a sector of the National Science and Technology Forum (NSTF) representing Professional Bodies and Learned Societies.
South Africa continues to suffer from problems in its school education system, notably in STEM subjects. University graduation in STEM-related courses is around 20%, contributing to a dire need for high level skills in STEM areas. All along the education ‘pipeline’ there are problems affecting the next level. Studies and statistics call for urgent intervention across all STEM subjects and all grades of schooling. See the concept document for further background.
Note that Terms & Conditions apply for registrations for this event.
- Cultivating Students’ Discipline-Specific Dispositions as a Critical Goal for Pedagogy and Equity
- Didactical engineering in France; an insider’s and an outsider’s view on its foundations, its practice and its impact
- Psychologyof Mathematics education
- Education Series Volume III Educational Enrolment and Achievement, 2016
- Shortcomings of mathematics education reform in the Netherlands
- Premier Hotel: Map and Directions
- Shuttle service from O.R. Tambo Airport