The process consists of two stages
Deadline: 11 December 2017
- Study the following pages on the website carefully to familiarise yourself with all the requirements:
- Choose the category in which you will be nominating the candidate. You may decide to nominate the candidate in more than one category, in which case more than one motivation must be prepared. Refer to Terms and conditions.
- Notify the nominee of your intention to nominate and ensure that you receive their agreement to participate.
- The nominee may have received an NSTF Award previously. Although some awards can be made to the same individual/team more than once, this only occurs if new work is presented for consideration.
- The nominee may have already been approached by someone else and agreed to be nominated.
- Complete and submit the online Registration before the close of business on the day of the deadline.
- The information will be captured in the NSTF database and provides the basis for all further processing and communications relating to the nomination.
- You will receive an e-mail notification confirming receipt of your submission and a link to the full Nomination Form/s for downloading and completion. Or the full Nomination Form/s will be sent as an attachment to the email. Please alert the NSTF Office should this not be received.
- In previous years the process followed by the NSTF was to make an open call to the public for nominations and this remains the primary process. The NSTF is now prepared to consider suggestions for nominations of suitable nominees and will endeavour to pursue these suggestions through appropriate channels to secure a nomination. Please email suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and give us what basic information you are able to (such as is called for in the registration form) to make it possible for us to pursue any suggestion. This will be needed by the closing date of registrations the 11th December, 2017.
Deadline: 2 March 2018
- Complete the full Nomination Form/s.
- The nominee needs to be involved in the preparation of the submissions to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness. We require this to be confirmed on the nomination form.
- On the one hand where the nominator prepares the material, the nominee should be aware of and approve the strategy of the approach, as well as the submission content.
- On the other hand the nominee may prepare the nomination themselves or help with it. In order for this to achieve a detached perspective it should be set out in the third person.
- The full Nomination Form provides the entire motivation for the adjudicators’ consideration. Supplementary information in the form of CDs, papers, books, etc will only be considered where called for– such as in the Communication Award category. This may be submitted in support of a suggestion
- In the event that you are nominating your candidate in more than one category, the second motivation should contain only the changes needed to the first and give only material which is different. (Refer to the Terms and conditions).
- Ensure that the completed full Nomination Form/s are e-mailed to the NSTF before the final deadline.
- The NSTF recognises that the completion of the motivation represents an arduous undertaking. Nominators may propose an alternative. This should be done in sufficient time for the Adjudication panel to consider the matter. The panel must be able to assess the quality of the contribution which is being proposed to be recognised in order to compare it with others who have been nominated as required.