Special Annual Theme Award: for a contribution to science, engineering and technology (SET) which contributes to or supports Sustainable Tourism for Development
Every year the NSTF Awards celebrate a particular theme in SET. Usually this theme is aligned with the year’s theme as declared by the United Nations. For 2017 this Award is made for a contribution to SET which contributes to or supports Sustainable Tourism for Development.
The Annual Theme Award can be awarded according to the criteria in any one of the other Awards categories, which are described in detail on separate pages and the respective nomination forms for each category.
In section 12 of the nomination forms additional input is requested to the extent that is practical.
- Describe briefly what is being done to showcase the SET work covered in the nomination.
- Describe the numbers of persons who get to see and experience the SET work.
- Describe the material available to demonstrate the work to tourists.
- Over and above what has been stated in the motivation is there any further contribution to sustainable economic growth from the showcasing of the SET work?
- To what extent does the showcasing of the SET work and its demonstration provide for social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction?
- To what extent is the SET work and its demonstration resource efficient, and does it contribute to environmental protection and to the reduction of the effects of/on climate change?
- To what extent does the SET work and its demonstration contribute to the preservation of cultural values , support diversity and respect heritage?
- To what extent does the SET work and its demonstration contribute to mutual understanding and peace and security?