Bursary for: The OMIG Imfundo Trust Scholarship - Posted 26 Apr 2018
31st August 2018
Imfundo Trust, is a scholarship initiative of the Old Mutual Investment Group (OMIG) that aims to address the shortage of black investment professionals and grow the pool of suitably qualified individuals in the asset management industry. It provides funding to study on a full-time basis for a first-time undergraduate degree/diploma (including BTech) at an accredited University Institutions in South Africa.
For Studies In
- Computer Science and Data Processing
- Mathematical Science
- Agricultural Studies
- Engineering and Engineering Technology
How To Apply
Applications need to be submitted electronically onto the StudyTrust website at StudyTrust link
Bursary Provider Website
The main criteria considered for the scholarships are:
- Academic excellence: Selection will be done on the basis of Grade 11 final results, Grade 12 June results and Grade 12 preliminary results.
- The minimum requirements are: A 70% average and not less than 70% for Mathematics, and 70% for English FAL (or 60% for English HL).
- The Imfundo Trust Programme is for candidates whose parent(s) or guardian(s) would not be able to afford paying their tertiary fees.
- Learners from rural and township backgrounds will be given preference.
- Hard working learners who are able to demonstrate that they are more likely to succeed in tertiary study.
- At least 50% of candidates should be black female
The scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of academic ability and the financial needs of the applicant. Interviews are conducted with applicants who meet the shortlisted requirements, and the Board of Trustees will consider any other relevant factors when making the final decision on granting the scholarships.
The main requirement is that the student pass each academic year in order to qualify for their subsequent year of study. Students who are awarded the scholarship do not need to pay back the scholarship. Upon completion of their studies, students are not obligated to join Old Mutual Investment Group
View all bursary providers