Bursary for: Rural Education Access Programme (REAP)
22nd February 2019
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) assists students from rural areas across South Africa to succeed at selected universities. For successful applicants REAP provides a structured student development programme consisting of financial, psycho-social and skills development support.
For Studies In
· Bachelor of Science (BSc)
· Engineering (Eng)
How To Apply
Applications are done online on REAP website
· Complete online applications form before the closing date
· Read the information on the form carefully.
· You MUST complete ALL SECTIONS of the form.
· Fill in your answers clearly in your own words.
· Answer all questions honestly.
Bursary Provider Website
REAP is a holistic Higher Education Support Programme. In an attempt to reduce poverty and empower young people to improve the quality of their lives.
REAP no longer provides full-cost bursaries and financial support is limited to R6000 per year. REAP students are required to do community service each year.
Criteria to be considered for support:
· You must be a South African citizen
· You must come from a rural area and have attended a rural school
· You must have written your NSC examinations at a rural school within the previous two (2) years
· You must not be older than 24 years
· Your family/household income (including all grants and contributions) should not exceed R122 000 per year before any deductions (e.g. less than R10 167 per month)
· You must produce proof your family/household income and social grants if requested to do so
· You must have obtained more than 55% average for your NSC examinations (DO NOT use Life Orientation marks when calculating the average)
· You must have been provisional or confirmed acceptance to study at any one of the institutions listed above.
· You must have successfully applied for NSFAS funding and received formal confirmation.
REAP supports students at a number of institutions however, you need to be aware that the number of applicants that can be supported at each institution is limited. We therefore often require that applicants meet specific academic criteria which may be higher for certain institutions and courses. You can only apply for REAP support if you have provisional or confirmed formal acceptance at any of the following institutions:
· Central University of Technology
· Nelson Mandela University
· University of Johannesburg
· University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
· University of the Free State
· University of the Western Cape
View all bursary providers