Bursary for: Mining Qualifications Authority Bursary
31st January 2019
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) would like to invite all the employees in the mining and minerals sector who would like to pursue a career in mining related fields to apply for a MQA bursary. Applicants should be planning to study or are currently studying towards a mining related certificate, diploma, degree or post-graduate qualification at a university or university of technology.
For Studies In
· Mining related qualifications
· Rock Engineering
How To Apply
Applications can be requested from, and submitted to, the following MQA offices:
· Gauteng: 7 Anerley Road, Parktown, 2193, tel: 011 547 2600
· Eastern Cape: King Sabatha Dalindyebo TVET College, R61 Queenstown Road, Cicira Village, Mthatha, tel: 087 095 0497
· Free State: Goldfields TVET College, 14107 Ndaki Road, Tosa Campus, Thabong, tel: 087 095 0266
· Limpopo: Sekhukhune TVET College, CN Phathudi Campus, Stand No. 2659, Praktiseer, tel: 087 095 0267
· Mpumalanga: Nkangala TVET College, Mpondozamkomo Campus, 1 Moses Kotane Drive, Ferrobank, tel: 013 696 8120/8121
· North West: Old Shopping Complex, 59 Karee Street, Mooinooi, tel: 014 555 8860
· Northern Cape: Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Kathu Campus, Hans Coetzee Drive, Kathu, tel: 053 723 0100
Bursary Provider Website
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998.
The MQA Bursary Scheme will give priority to applicants who are planning to or are currently studying towards a qualification related to Seismology and Rock Engineering.
Please Note this bursary opportunity is intended for individuals who are currently employed within mining companies
Note: The applicant must ensure that they download and complete the correct application form. In the event that an applicant completes the incorrect application form, such an application will not be considered.
Correspondence will only be entered into with the successful applicants. If you have not received further correspondence from the MQA by 15 February 2019, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. Late, e-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered.
View all bursary providers